SMART Software Management is a best practice incorporating a set of proven processes and procedures for managing and optimizing the purchase, deployment, maintenance, utilization, and disposal of software assets within an organization. Implementing SMART Software Management protects your software investments and helps organizations understand what software they have licensed, deployed, in use and also it will reduce IT costs and limit operational, financial and legal risks related to the ownership and use of software.
Further, SMART Software Management empowers an organization to better understand the hierarchical ranking of software products from a vendor management perspective, as well as help an organization not only assists the successes of other IT functions, such as service management, but it also helps with other functions such as procurement, finance and overall strategic planning.
- Tracks all important software information such as applications installed, service packs, updates etc. for each asset
- Assist in tracking & auditing Software Licenses
- Link Software to helpdesk tickets
- Provides a unified platform for Software and service management
- Manage & track authorized Software list
- Maintain software usage details like software being used by various departments, Business Units etc
- Maintain software back & restore information
- Create sequential code series based on software type or category
- Software can be assigned to any owner in their life cycle, with historical tracking of ownership